The foundations of any vision must begin with IDENTITY. Once that is defined, we can build the PURPOSE on it and then define the VALUES, the distinctives about this community. These elements are reasonably static but may change over a longer period of time especially where there is a change in leadership or significant external factors. Each element seeks to answer a simple question.
Identity - Who are we?
As Christians, children of God, we know that our identity is in Christ, we are His body, His bride, a ‘family on a mission’.
“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed his name, he gave the right to become children of God”John 1:12
Purpose - Why do we exist?
We exist as a group of Christians ‘Knowing Jesus, loving one-another, serving and transforming our community.’
Values – How do we do things?
Knowing our identity in Christ
Believing in a God of miracles who speaks today
Honouring every person and generation
Blessing others as we are blessed – generosity & partnership
Trusting the Bible as true and relevant
Sharing the love of God – hospitality & outreach
Gathering to pray, seeing God at work
Being guided by the Holy Spirit in all that we do
Our identity, purpose and values form the DNA of St Andrew’s and from this basis, we then discerned the specific direction that we believe God is calling us to.
Vision – Where are we heading?
Our vision is to see people’s lives and the community of Sneyd Green transformed by the love of Jesus.
Strategy – How will we get there?
Goals for the next five years:
· Within the next year, a full-time youth, children’s and pioneer minister employed and established
· Within the next year, seeing new forms of worship in place on a Sunday
· Within the next two years, seeing four new Growth Groups start up
· Within the next three years, having a community café running
· Within the next four years, some form of worshipping community meeting in the Berwick estate
· Within the next five years, testifying to at least 100 people coming to know Jesus for the first time
Our Strategic Goals will be reviewed by the PCC (Parochial Church Council) on an annual basis.